FireGuard Moveable Firewall (MFW) is Won-Door’s insulated model fire door. When code restricts the size of penetrations in a fire barrier, the MFW is an alternative that meets the requirements of ASTM E-119 and can be used to protect large openings.
This model has been tested in accordance with ASTM E-119 and UL 263 in USA and 2 options are available.
Additional MFW1 & MFW2 product information
Features of FireGuardTM Moveable Fire Wall
HD Unitized Track System
Can be supplied with Heavy Duty Unitized Track System (HDUTS) which eliminates the layers of plywood and drywall found in conventional accordion fire door headers.
Won-Door FireGuard™ MFWI & MFWII comply with ASTM E119 & ANSI/U.L. 263.
Motor Drive Systems
Automatic closing system listed in accordance with U.L. 864.
Height & Width Restrictions
Won-Door FireGuard™ MFWI & MFWII doors are U.L. approved for openings up to 3048mm in height & 9144mm in width. *Increased widths & heights available with local fire engineer approval.
Doors require 508mm wide pockets (For pocket Stack Calculator).
Pocket Cover Door & Bumper
Pocket cover door & bumper supplied by others.
Limitations of the Won-Door FireGuardTM Moveable Fire Wall
- The Won-Door FireGuard Moveable Fire Wall takes up more stack space in the pocket as it is lined inside with an insulation blanket.
- The Won-Door FireGuard Moveable Fire Wall is only available as a Single Parting door (not Bi-Parting).
- The Won-Door Fireguard Moveable Fire Wall must be straight (no curves available).
- The Won-Door Fireguard Moveable Fire Wall has a maximum size restriction of 9144mm wide and 3048mm high*.
- Won-Door FireGuard Moveable Firewall is not supplied with the Fire Exit Hardware panels which come on the standard non-insulated FireGuard as having egress through an insulated fire wall contradicts US fire codes. However, if required by a local fire engineer then the Fire Exit Hardware can be supplied as an extra and fitted during the installation.
For further information:
– Won-Door FireGuard Moveable Fire Wall note to specifiers
– MFW – larger dimensions letter from Manufacturer*